Initial Teacher Training
In delivering ITT, our main aim is to enhance student confidence and creativity by:
- Augmenting subject knowledge of (and insight into) the tradition
- Exploring stimulating ways to teach about Hinduism
- Recommending corresponding books and artefacts (with opportunity to Inspect and purchase)
IES staff are all spiritual practitioners and well experienced in Western thought and culture.
They are also familiar with the educational world, and the many challenges faced by teachers and trainees, both specialist and non-specialist.
(1) The precise options available may vary from centre to centre. Do contact your local centre for further details.
(2) Courses include a purpose-designed handbook entitled Getting to the Heart of Hinduism: a Comprehensive Guide for Teachers.